Monday 8 December 2014

Weekend Getaway

I love road trips.
I love driving to new places.

So I went to Sekinchan.

Sekinchan is somewhere near Kuala Selangor, about 1 and a half hour drive from Kuala Lumpur.
I drove down with few of my girls, to visit an old friend.

I have never been to that side of Selangor.
Away from the city.
Away from traffic and polluted air.
Away from responsibilities.
My weekend getaway.

Sekinchan is basically a small town. Where they have both beaches and also paddy fields.
Seafood there is exquisite.
I grow up all my life eating seafood, and yes the seafood there taste like home.
I remembered reaching my friend place and the first thing I felt when i got out from my car was the wind.
Oh the salty sea breeze.
I can feel it flow through my hair and my nostrils.
My first breath there was already welcoming.

We went on a fire fly river cruise.
The atmosphere was peaceful. with crickets singing and mosquitoes sucking our blood.
Everyone on the boat was quiet in pitch black anticipating, watching the fire flies flicking their lights on trees.
Trees along the river sparkled like Christmas trees.
Like stars on the milky way.
I once again realised that beautiful things don't last long.
All the fire flies that were dancing the night away will be all gone in the morning.

Of course we went for food hunting.
Tried various types of seafood and the biggest satay stick ever.
and the night end when we cuddle to bed.

The next day was fun.
Woke up late.
Went to a seafood place that was awfully packed. Worth the wait tho.
After the feed.
The adventure begins.
We went to the beach.
It's funny when the name of the beach reminds me so much about Terengganu. "Pantai Redang"
Unfortunately.
The beach was filthy. A bit of disappointment.


Lucky my dear friend safe the best for the last.
She brought us to the paddy fields just few km away from the congested beach. The beach was definitely a let down compared to the paddy fields.
I guess my vocab is just insufficient to describe the paddy fields.
The sky connects with the golden field.
Good that I took tons of pictures there.
Got a few good shots.
I even tried eating grains.
Tho my friends think that I am crazy for doing that. But who cares.
We ran like little kids. Chasing each other, laughing and screaming.



This makes me wonder.
Why can't we just stay here.
Yes, this exact moment.
Why do we need to pack our bag and head back to the city at the end of the day?
How can it be so different? Sekinchan is only about 20 - 30km away from the city. How can they be so different?

So. the sun sets. and it ended my weekend getaway.
I seldom write about my trips.
but i guess, this trip is worth writing about.

-till we meet again,- 

 

No comments: